Welcome!

Please feel free to post any comments regarding how you are effected by the increasing ground water level.

The goal of this blog is to engage the City of Fircrest into installing a drainage system in our vicinity to promote a more livable area to reside, as well as stabilizing our property values.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Meeting

 I met with Mr. Trent Lougheed from City of Fircrest, on June 23, 2011 and located the origin of the "spring" which is causing most of the recent water flow on my property.  The spring is located on the easement area northwest of my property. This area is designated for the City of Fircrest to have access, if a drain is needed, and is listed as such on all of our property titles which border the spring.  I was advised by the City to get together with another homeowner and install a drain, to route the water to the storm drain.

I was told by Mr. Lougheed that the spring is an "act of God" and the City is not liable for installation of a drain.  What I don't understand is why should we have to provide access for the City to provide a drain if they refuse to take responsibility for installation of a drain.

Does this make sense to you?

1 comment:

  1. Well, things are warming up again..and I don't mean the weather.

    The City of Fircrest has made a "less than stellar" attempt at improving the drainage on Monterey Lane. I have not noticed any improvement on my property or my neighboring properties with the drain pipe they installed on the south side of Monterey Lane. There is no "band-aid" approach which will be effective in solving this dilemma.

    It's almost like throwing money down a sinkhole.

    Apparently, they do not want to enter on private property to "set a precedence". There are drainage easements behind our properties which the City refuses to access to prevent our homes from being destroyed. I view this as an act of negligence from the City of Fircrest. They have been confronted with the rising water table in this area and simply refuse to protect the affected residences.

    Why wait until our homes are unsaleable? It will be too late when you have to wade through water to get to your front door. I have already noticed a residence on the corner of Forest Park and Contra Costa where the sidewalk is under water whenever we get a significant rainfall.

    The longer we wait, the worse it will get. I guarantee it.

    ReplyDelete